The purpose of the Digital Commerce Commercial Lead role is to lead and drive supplier collaborative opportunities and online media campaigns and facilitate all related activities with the aim of achieving marketing objectives, maximizing spending and growing the Sixty60 omnichannel offering. The Digital Commerce Commercial Lead focuses on driving growth while developing new relationships with suppliers to generate revenue and collaborative opportunities. The Commercial Lead is the pivot between Sixty60, suppliers and internal buying teams and requires dedication to create and apply effective partnerships.
- In partnership with the Merchandising Manager, develop a growth strategy for supplier-led campaigns and initiatives, focused on delivering financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- Use category and customer insights to support the commercial strategy, translating intelligence and ideas into omnichannel advertising campaigns.
- Collaborate with operational and retail teams to ensure the seamless execution of supplier campaigns.
- Establish, develop, and maintain business relationships with current and prospective suppliers.
- Work closely with the national buying teams for supplier-related campaigns and opportunities, implementing initiatives that optimise value for customers and suppliers.
- Initiate, develop, and present relevant opportunities to suppliers, utilising data, and insights to build compelling proposals and presentations wherever possible to support and drive sales.
- Negotiate and manage supplier funded campaigns for Sixty60 together with our Media Agency, Rainmaker.
- Report on campaign performance with the ability to distil and curate insights and findings.
- Manage collaborative campaigns from concept to execution, ensuring constant and effective communication between agency, suppliers, and internal teams.
- Keep abreast of new and emerging eCommerce and technology trends in order to capitalise on opportunities and drive business growth.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing, Media, or a related field - (essential).
- +4 years experience in a similar capacity or role, driving and delivering business offerings or partnerships that result in demonstrable and sustained business growth - (essential).
- Strong retail media knowledge and experience - (essential).
- Proven experience collaborating with, influencing, pitching concepts and ideas and presenting across multiple stakeholder levels and groups within a corporate business context - (essential).
- Proven background in generating leads via proactive prospecting and selling – (essential).
- Experience selling and managing online media campaigns - (beneficial).
- Project management experience overseeing the process, creation and implementation of strategic business initiatives - (beneficial).
- Experience in an eCommerce environment - (beneficial).
- Experience in retail or FMCG industry - (beneficial).
Key competencies and work ethic
- Independent and motivated self-starter with good energy and drive.
- Passion for selling with a strong client orientation and commitment.
- Stakeholder relationship and engagement skills – Highly effective networker with the ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders, agencies, and client contacts. Manages stakeholder expectations well and is able to influence a situation while effectively coordinating synergies.
- Is a team player and collaborative partner and contributes towards building positive team morale.
- Communication skills – Is engaging and communicates effectively to a variety of audiences. Delivers compelling presentations and articulates business strategy, rationale and ideas in a way that engages inspires confidence and builds trust.
- Business acumen – Proactively explores opportunities and applies sound business principles and standards to drive performance and deliver performance/sales targets.
- Negotiation skills – Applies diplomacy and skill with calculated compromises for the benefit of all parties.
- Flexible thinker and problem solver – Explores and analyses various sources of information to come to rational conclusions. Makes sound decisions to influence the success of the business in a competitive shopper landscape.
- Analytical - Ability to analyse insights, interpret and apply trends shaping consumer behaviour today and in the future.
- Planning and organising - Plans, coordinates and executes functions, practices, and procedures to realise business goals and objectives. Manages time well while tracking, monitoring, and reporting on sales targets and performance.
- Able to work under pressure – Manages, prioritises and balances multiple and competing demands in a high-pressured, fast-moving environment.
- Results and quality-focused - Sets stretch goals for self while remaining focused and working tenaciously towards meeting and exceeding expectations within quality standards.