The Retail Insights Specialist's primary responsibility is to proactively embed a suite of Shoprite-owned analytical and reporting capabilities within internal departments and the promotion thereof to extract optimal value. The incumbent will be supporting Price & Promotion and Customer Ranging team leads, establishing relationships with key stakeholders, and helping them utilise the tools effectively for customer-centric decision-making and business value.
Working independently within a team of experts, the specialist will use their retail expertise to identify opportunities, interpret data, make recommendations, and present these opportunities to stakeholders as practical examples. The incumbent should have theoretical and practical knowledge in category management, retail analytics, merchandising, pricing strategy, and promotions.
Success in this role depends on the ability to interpret analytical outputs, answer the "so what?" question, and suggest "what's next?" creatively. Adaptability to a dynamic environment is crucial. It's important to understand that while not directly reporting to team leads, the role is integrated into a team with the primary goal of supporting team leads in achieving their objectives and promoting the use of the capabilities they provide within the business.
- Work intimately with, as enabler and primary senior supporter of, our Customer Ranging and Price & Promotions team leads to collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including Buying and Category Management, Marketing, Operations, and Executive Leadership, to support their pricing, promotions, and ranging strategies and insights generation.
- Take ownership of the development and implementation of an internal work plan containing our formal, annual commitments to the core business.
- Provide practical support and training in terms of the suite of analytical capabilities and act as a subject matter expert to answer business questions and provide insights in support of your stakeholders’ objectives.
- Use our suite of analytical capabilities to identify opportunities for assortment optimisation, product gaps, and potential new product introductions. This suite of capabilities should also inform recommendations of appropriate promotional mechanics based on category performance, consumer behaviour, pricing strategies, and the competitive landscape.
- Support the REX Services team with regards to the development of category and business reviews in conjunction with and group Category Specialist teams, evaluating product performance and potential opportunities.
- Work on developing Customer Decision Trees (CDTs) and use such outputs to recommend assortment (e.g., category resets) and store flow adjustments based on the insights gained.
- Regularly report on key performance indicators (KPIs) related to pricing, promotion, and customer ranging, highlighting adoption of capabilities, successes, areas for improvement, and recommended actions.
- Although you will generally work pro-actively, taking our suite of analytical capabilities into the business, you will also receive inbound requests and specific tasks related to investigations, analytics, and insights interpretation from your stakeholders.
- You may also, from time-to-time, be required to support the REX Services team with projects for key customers (Shoprite suppliers) that leverages your expertise. Conduct comprehensive local and international market analysis (using various sources of data), considering consumer trends, competitor offerings, and market dynamics, and present these best practices to the business.
- Apply such learnings and context to produce internal and external market trends and insights publications.
- Establish and manage an international network of retail peers to create the pathways for mutual sharing of experience and to ensure a pro-active roadmap of innovation is available to the business.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent diploma in Business, Marketing, Economics, or a related field.
- +5 years of experience in Category Management, Merchandising, Retail Analytics, Pricing Strategy, or a similar role, preferably within the retail or consumer goods industry.
- Proven track record of delivering impactful insights and driving business results through assortment and pricing strategies.
- In-depth knowledge of the retail industry, retail mechanics, basic economic principles, market trends, and consumer behaviour (essential).
- Strong background in data analysis, with experience in extracting, manipulating, and analysing large datasets to derive actionable insights.
- Creative storytelling skills to bring the insights to life.
- Previous experience in negotiating with suppliers and vendors to secure favourable terms, pricing, and promotional activities.
- Familiarity with data analysis tools and software, such as Tableau, Power BI, and Nielsen.
- Knowledge of pricing strategies, promotional planning, and retail merchandising concepts.
- Understanding of supply chain management principles and practices.
Key competencies and work ethic
- Excellent Analytical Skills - Proficiency in using data analysis tools and software such as Excel, SQL, or statistical analysis software to extract, manipulate, and analyse large datasets. Ability to derive actionable insights from data to inform assortment, pricing, and promotional strategies.
- Strong Collaboration and Stakeholder Management - Effective collaboration with cross-functional teams, including Buying and Category Management, Marketing, Finance, and Sales. Demonstrated ability to align assortment, pricing, and promotion strategies with overall business objectives. Proven stakeholder management skills, including engagement with retail partners to negotiate favourable terms and agreements.
- Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively convey complex concepts and insights to both technical and non-technical stakeholders. Proficient in delivering clear and impactful presentations to support data-driven recommendations.
- Strong Negotiation Skills - Expertise in engaging with retail partners, negotiating terms related to pricing, promotions, and category management initiatives, and securing favourable agreements that benefit the organisation's profitability and competitiveness.
- Proactive and Results - Oriented Mindset - Demonstrated proactive approach to driving category management initiatives with a strong focus on delivering measurable business outcomes. Ability to work independently, take initiative, and effectively manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Highly Organised and Detail-Oriented - Exceptional organisational skills with the capability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously. Proficiency in working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines while maintaining high-quality work.
- Adaptability and Flexibility - Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with an understanding of Agile and SAFe practices. Willingness to adapt to changing circumstances and embrace innovation and continuous improvement.
- Strong Business Acumen and Customer Focus - Deep understanding of the retail industry, market trends, and consumer behaviour. Ability to anticipate and respond to customer needs and preferences while aligning strategies with business goals.
- Ethical Conduct and Professionalism - Commitment to maintaining ethical conduct and professionalism in all aspects of the role, ensuring integrity in decision-making and interactions with stakeholders.
Our Group is committed to creating, embracing, and preserving a diverse workplace that values the unique talents, perspectives, backgrounds, and abilities that enrich our organisation. A place where everyone matters and feels included.
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally.
Please take note that by responding to this application and providing your personal information, you confirm your express and informed consent for Shoprite Checkers (Pty) Ltd and all its subsidiaries and affiliates companies to process your personal information for the Company to consider your application for this position. All Personal Information which you provide to the Company will be used and/or retained only for the purposes for which it is collected, whereafter it will be permanently destroyed. Your information is only retained if it is required by law or where you have given consent to us to retain such information for an extended period.
If you don’t hear from us within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful. Any personal information collected as part of your application will be destroyed, securely, in accordance with South African legislation.