Powered by Africa’s largest retailer, Rainmaker Media is positioned to reach over 80% of SAs shoppers directly through its digital and physical media channels, has exclusive access to the continent’s largest retail audience, and uses rich shopper data and advanced analytics to create the continent’s first precision retail media service. We’re currently building a cutting-edge, collaborative, passionate team and seek the best talent out there to join us in shaping our new culture and delivery ambitions!
This new and pioneering division within Shoprite is looking to appoint a Media Sales Coordinator.
The purpose of the Media Sales Coordinator role is to support the Media Agency achieve its sales and growth targets through the efficient execution of sales operational and campaign coordination functions. The Media Sales Coordinator will be key in establishing appropriate structures to coordinate and streamline activities across the omnichannel strategy, sales, data and traffic teams. The role further executes all related campaign administration, including supporting design requests and collecting and packaging sales data and reporting. The role requires a meticulous and adaptable individual who understands sales performance metrics while being able to provide excellent coordination and administrative support to ensure sales targets are met.
- Coordinate the execution of all sales and operational priorities and plans across the omnichannel strategy, sales, data and traffic teams, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Support the sales department by ensuring campaigns are booked and captured on the booking tool and tracking overall campaign activities and objectives.
- Receive and process purchase orders and raise and issue sales transaction invoices, ensuring compliance with all standards and approvals.
- Verify orders, including customers' personal information and payment details.
- Expedite orders through internal liaison and ensure on-time delivery.
- Contact customers by phone or email to answer queries and obtain the required information.
- Maintain and update sales and customer records, ensuring all records are accurate and complete.
- `Gather and compile the correct data and build monthly sales reports, including performance on delivery and growth objectives. Provide insights on any potential growth opportunities.
- Direct feedback from customers to relevant departments and follow up on actions taken.
Qualifications and experience
- Grade 12 certificate - (essential).
- Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Sales or related - (preferred).
- +2 years’ experience in a sales coordination or similar role with demonstrable understanding of sales performance metrics and related administrative functions and processes – (essential).
- Exposure to an eCommerce, media agency or campaign management environment – (beneficial).
- Strong knowledge and experience in generating purchase orders, invoices and reports and working with data from different systems – (essential).
- Knowledge of collaboration tools and process-based workflows – (essential).
- Knowledge and exposure to administrative recordkeeping – (essential).
- Exposure to an omnichannel media booking tool will be an advantage - (beneficial).
- Experience working with Keynote and PowerPoint – (desired).
Key competencies and work ethic
- Customer orientated - Committed to providing high-quality customer service. Ensures customer needs are understood, problems timeously resolved, and expectations met.
- Organised with a strong drive for operational execution and efficiency - Ensures processes, targets and performance measurements are continuously met or exceeded.
- Detail-orientated with good problem-solving and numeracy skills to work with datasets and make sense of sales performance data and metrics.
- Results and quality focused, setting stretch goals for self while remaining focused and working tenaciously toward meeting and exceeding expectations within quality standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with well-developed spoken and written fluency in English along with the ability to convey information and data clearly, accurately and succinctly.
- Team player and collaborative partner – Builds meaningful and sound relationships internally and externally. Manages client expectations well.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple demands while organising, prioritizing and reordering workload in a rapidly changing and fast-moving environment.
- Stays up to date with media trends and insights.