The purpose of the Store Operations Specialist role is to support operational efficiency within the Rewards & Personalisation team with the aim of delivering on the operational goals and objectives of the Rewards & Personalisation chapter. The role forms part of the Rewards and Personalisation Operations team and is accountable for the execution of operational effectiveness, processes, systems and successful delivery/implementation of Rewards & Personalisation customer engagement, personalisation, and precision marketing programs. The role actively drives the growth of the customer insights database, delivery of the right offer at the right time to customers and engagement customers with tailored offers. The role will also investigate inefficiencies and service delivery issues. The Store Operations Specialist role focuses on the effective delivery of different/tailored experiences to our customers by taking proactive steps to ensure the effective program delivery within agreed service level standards.
- Ensure the execution of projects, including the expansion of customer experience offers.
- Communicate operational challenges or improvement requests to the build team of the Xtra savings program
- Monitor and analyse Service Level Agreements/conditions deviations and proactively collaborate across teams to resolve any deviations/problems.
- Drive the effective provision of fast, efficient, and comprehensive support to stakeholders.
- Communicate all operational processes and procedures and ensure these are fully understood by all stakeholders.
- Identify issues in execution and engage with relevant stakeholders to find an appropriate and timeous solution.
- Resolve operational issues and queries regarding service delivery.
- Implement operations flow to increase the percentage of customer uptake.
- Monitor and ensure that stores or divisions have sufficient stock holding of Xtra Savings cards.
- Communicate and implement new features to the Xtra Savings program and ensure that stores or divisions make the appropriate changes.
- Report on the performance of the Xtra Savings program and the Money Market to each store/division and engage, guide and support stores/divisions who are not meeting agreed performance levels in order to improve/achieve performance levels.
- Conduct needs analyses to understand training and development needs and provide the necessary training / and retraining on new and existing processes in the Rewards and Personalisation team.
- Motivate and drive recruitment of staff and arrange additional resources as required to support operations.
- Identify common trends within operations and provide weekly / monthly reporting and feedback where appropriate.
- Conduct analysis and provide regular feedback to Operations Manager to address and resolve any operational issues.
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree or Diploma in Business, Retail Management, eCommerce or related – (essential).
- +4 years experience in a similar role within the eCommerce retail operations environment - (essential).
- Solid experience in Rewards and Personalisation marketing programs/projects - (desired).
- Proficiency in MS Office 365 including strong Excel skills – (essential).
- Knowledgeable and up to date with local and international trends and developments in the field - (desired).
Key competencies and work ethic:
- Analytical thinker - Grasps new information to generate insights while integrating multiple sources of data and proactively investigating courses of action to identify feasible solutions.
- Business acumen – Understands retail standards and operational best practices to improve and drive performance.
- Strong customer-first thinking – Understands customers and how best to serve them; committed to providing high-quality customer service and ensuring customer needs and expectations are met.
- Communication and reporting skills – Able to convey information and data clearly, accurately, and succinctly in a meaningful way.
- Collaborative partner – Ability to foster, nurture and manage strong and meaningful relationships with external and internal stakeholders while driving work teams and projects. Open, honest and direct, comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback. Thinks and acts independently as well as collaboratively.
- Organised with a strong drive for operational execution and efficiency - Ensures processes, targets and performance measurements are continuously met or exceeded.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple and competing demands.