At Rainmaker Media we merge the in-store and digital retail world, re-imagining retail, re-inventing omnichannel marketing led through data analytics, precise and measurable campaigning, and creating a tech-led future in an ever-changing and always “trendy” marketing universe. We’re looking for talented minds to join our team in Cape Town, if you’re excited by the opportunity to join the team powered by Africa’s largest retailer, and are a skilled Digital Media Infrastructure Support Specialist, then we’d love to speak to you.
The purpose of the Digital Media Infrastructure Coordinator is to efficiently coordinate technical support services for in-store digital media marketing operations, and oversee the execution of installations, troubleshooting/diagnosis, configuration, monitoring, and maintenance of digital media infrastructure and support services with vendors. Furthermore, the Digital Media Infrastructure Support Specialist applies knowledge of digital media infrastructure and technology to coordinate technical processes and ensure efficiency in the delivery of vendor and supplier services of digital media infrastructure projects in stores across South Africa. This role collaborates with internal IT teams to manage in-store digital media infrastructure network support incidents or requests.
- Conduct in-store site visits together with vendors to create site specifications and requirements documents:
- Ensures that in-store specifications and requirements meet safety precaution standards prior to project implementation.
- Ensures that the required in-store digital media infrastructure equipment meets acceptable standards for the project and network environment.
- Participate in the digital media infrastructure equipment procurement processes:
- Oversee the execution of device procurement of hardware equipment and advise on cost-effective measures that meet the established project criteria without compromising on quality and safety.
- Ensure that procured devices/equipment meet the relevant quality and safety standards. This includes validating the warranty/guarantee details or agreement with relevant suppliers and confirming post- support services.
- Support and coordinate project rollouts:
- Advice on cost-effective and efficient logistics planning pertaining to vendor and/or internal teams' travel and route plans or schedules prior to and during the project rollout.
- Participates in project conceptualization, planning, scheduling, and implementation as well as managing the monitoring, troubleshooting and configurations activities and snag lists with vendors.
- Advises on best-practice for digital media infrastructure installations and maintenance.
- Ensures vendors and/or service providers obtain the necessary permissions or access to company network assets. - facilitate vendor access to the network infrastructure for successful installations.
- Advise vendors and internal teams on suitable times for in-store installations and infrastructure configurations.
- Manages communications with stores on the project, project planning and schedules to clarify project execution and completion timelines.
- Provides sustainable solutions to in-store digital media infrastructure installation challenges such as size, structure or space.
- Manage and coordinate post-installation support:
- Utilizes relevant incident management system (I.e., BMC Helix) to log incidents/request tickets on behalf of vendors for internal support or permission requisition to the company’s private network, computer or internet assets.
- Ensures that vendors provide efficient post-installation support services according to established SLA timelines and standards.
- Coordinate escalated
- Manage digital media infrastructure inventory:
- Ensure the vendors deliver as per SLA, including the provision of reports on the condition of applicable digital infrastructure devices in the stores.
- Set up and maintain an evaluation criterion to effectively manage, monitor and track inventory and ensure the equipment is counted, in acceptable standards or proper condition, well serviced and meets the warranty/guarantee conditions.
- Maintains high-quality standards of client interaction.
- Ensure that suppliers and stores follow the necessary health and safety guidelines to remain compliant during the installations and incident resolutions on site.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12/ matric certification – (essential)
- Degree or diploma in retail operations, marketing or digital technology - (desired).
- +2 years in digital media infrastructure/operations support or technician role or similar, with practical experience coordinating or executing digital media infrastructure installations and integrations in a retail environment - (essential).
- Understanding of Health and Safety requirements for digital media infrastructure - (essential).
- Understanding of digital media infrastructure and specification requirements - (essential).
- Experience with an incident logging tool i.e., Remedy Helix - (desired).
Key Competencies and Work Ethics
- Digital centric and savvy - Passionate about the possibilities of digital technologies and their value for the business. A self-starter who can come up to speed quickly on our applications, technologies, and processes.
- Operational efficiency – someone who can spread themselves across multiple tasks simultaneously by working smartly, efficiently and effectively. Diligently staying on top of the details and understanding how they fit into the big picture.
- Customer-centric - Understands customer-first design thinking - uses customer feedback to support products that are viable for the business and that customers use and appreciate.
- Environment. Identify the urgent & important tasks and priorities to ensure delivery to the client and other stakeholders.
- Organized with time management skills - Plans, coordinates and executes functions, practices and procedures to realize business unit goals and objectives. Has the ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced unpredictable environment.
- Detailed and quality-focused – Has an affinity for detail, structure and efficiency. Is diligent and vigilantly watches over work processes, tasks and outputs to ensure accuracy while independently actioning and correcting any quality concerns.
- Self-motivated and driven with strong integrity - take accountability for actions and mistakes.
- Independent problem solver and analytical thinker.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Able to simplify technical concepts and convey messages and ideas to users across organisational levels.
- Deciding and initiating action - Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity and introduces changes into work processes; makes quick, clear decisions which may include tough choices or considered risks.
- Adapting and responding to change - adjusts to a fast-paced, changing environment; tolerates ambiguity; adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations.
- Coping with pressures and setbacks - works productively in a pressured environment; keeps emotions under control during difficult situations; handles criticism well and learns from it.