We set the digital agenda to keep ShopriteX leading in an uncertain and fast-moving environment. We drive the development, provision and operation of our digital products and services using new and existing technology and agile delivery methods to deliver at pace. At the same time, we provide a home for digital skills to both develop and extend the technical, people and business skills needed to ensure continuous development and growth of our digital capability.
The purpose of the Squad Lead: Rewards and Personalisation role is to deliver digital and analytical solutions that optimises Shoprite’s customer engagement capabilities while delivering customer growth and profitability within the Rewards program. The role plans and orchestrates the development and delivery of these solutions through a cross functional team of data scientists, analysts, product managers, agile delivery and technology teams in incremental deployments, and aligns them around a roadmap of use cases. The role works in close partnership with business stakeholders including buying, commercial, marketing and operations teams, to ensure solutions developed are fit-for-purpose and enable the delivery of Shoprite’s customer engagement and growth agenda. The role also works in close collaboration with the broader Digital team, other Squad Leads and Chapter Leads to effectively manage inter-squad dependencies and optimise squad capacity, resourcing and utilisation.
The Squad Lead: Rewards and Personalisation is a strategic, commercially-minded and creative individual who not only understands how to generate and translate data into meaningful insights but also understands how to unlock its commercial value.
- Strategic lead in driving customer engagement and delivering customer growth and profitability within the Rewards program.
- Lead the customer engagement squad, overseeing build and operating activities of all related strategies while effectively guiding, managing and maximising the squad’s ability to deliver sprint goals and KPI’s.
- Build the product roadmap for customer engagement and apply the roadmap to inform the creation and prioritisation of the backlog. Orchestrate all related activities, while guiding teams to focus on solving the right problems and developing the right solutions following agile methodology.
- Work with business stakeholders to deliver their business objectives through customer centric campaigns.
- Unlock new customer opportunities to keep customers engaged with the Rewards program.
- Acquire new customers through constant research and optimisation of various Rewards strategies.
- Development, execution and analysis of customer lifetime value / customer life-cycle campaigns.
- Planning and delivering Rewards CRM strategies that encourage customer retention and customer loyalty.
- Grow customer profitability by utilising the full suite of offers from the Shoprite Group.
- Work closely with all departments to ensure the Rewards Customer Engagement works effectively for all aspects of the Shoprite Group.
- Use direct and owned marketing channels to communicate personalised experiences to customers.
- Manage campaign budgets and deliver a positive ROI.
- Develop testing strategies for all aspects of the CRM to ensure the most effective approach for the company and its products.
- Work with data science capabilities to use technology to deliver a personalised experience for customers across all channels.
- Drive personalisation across all customers aspects - right product, right offer, right time, right channel.
- Work with Shoprite Product team to deliver a strong omnichannel customer experience.
- Support commercial teams to ensure strong promotional coverage of rewards deals.
- Work with brand teams to ensure rewards deals and campaigns are a focus in all ATL marketing channels.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree or Diploma in Business, Marketing or a related field – (essential).
- +6 years’ in a similar capacity or role, with progressive and diverse experience developing and deploying marketing and CRM strategies, including leading customer loyalty, personalisation and direct marketing programs – (essential).
- Proven track record of driving organisational culture that instills focus on customer satisfaction by continuously improving services, processes, systems, and collaborative capabilities – (essential).
- Proven track record of using customers data and technologies to personalise the customer experience – (essential).
- Demonstrable experience in an agile environment, particularly delivering strategic roadmaps and owning specific agile events such as backlog refinement and sprint reviews – (essential).
- Experience applying agile analysis techniques for creating user stories and acceptance criteria – (essential).
- Experience leading and coaching a multi-disciplinary team and driving results through cross-functional collaboration – (essential).
- Strong proficiency in MS Office 365 with an advanced level of Excel capability – (essential).
Key competencies and work ethic
- Strategic and conceptual thinker - Combines advanced analytics with strategy and technology to enable long-term decisions and roadmaps. Deals comfortably with unstructured data and thinks creatively around a brief. Able to think through problem solutions, sell cooperative solution agendas, and integrate internal/external efficiencies.
- Analytical, data-driven, and highly numerate – Strong ability to collect, organise and assimilate disparate and multiple pieces of data to guide decision-making and develop optimal solutions. Clearly translates results into actionable insights for the organisation.
- Deep knowledge and passion for data and its range of possibilities, applications and value for the business. Able come up to speed quickly on our applications, technologies, and processes.
- Commercial and financial acumen – Understands financial principles and its application within business. Knows how business operates, what the key processes, issues and risks are that drives success; and how they impact on commercial viability and profitability.
- Leadership skills – Serves the team by driving a positive morale. Adopts a range of styles to deal with challenges. Enables the team to deliver on priorities while contributing to their development.
- Collaborative partner – Builds relationships both internally and externally. Open, honest and direct, comfortable giving and receiving feedback. Thinks and act independently as well as collaboratively.
- Change agent - Seeks out problems and opportunities for change. Energized by working both independently and interdependently within the digital network and across functions; is open to change and motivated to work agile.
- Project management skills - Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects at various complexities to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with overlapping, conflicting priorities.
- Forward thinking with a “make things happen” approach to business. Strong sense of urgency and focus on operational efficiency - manages multiple demands by working smartly, efficiently, and effectively. Stays on top of the detail while effectively prioritising and delivering on urgent and important tasks.
- Innovative and solution-orientated – Thinks outside the box to come up with creative solutions while applying sound judgment to generate short and long term value. Use technical expertise to question, understand and challenge solutions and software implementation decisions / priorities.
- Communication skills – Strong communication skills to negotiate with buying community. Able to convert complex concepts and analytical findings into well-articulated verbal, written and visual messages to non-technical and business audiences.
Our Group is committed to creating, embracing, and preserving a diverse workplace that values the unique talents, perspectives, backgrounds, and abilities that enrich our organisation. A place where everyone matters and feels included.
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally.
Please take note that by responding to this application and providing your personal information, you confirm your express and informed consent for Shoprite Checkers (Pty) Ltd and all its subsidiaries and affiliates companies to process your personal information for the Company to consider your application for this position. All Personal Information which you provide to the Company will be used and/or retained only for the purposes for which it is collected, whereafter it will be permanently destroyed. Your information is only retained if it is required by law or where you have given consent to us to retain such information for an extended period.
If you don’t hear from us within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful. Any personal information collected as part of your application will be destroyed, securely, in accordance with South African legislation.