Powered by Africa’s largest retailer, Rainmaker Media is positioned to reach over 80% of SAs shoppers directly through its digital and physical media channels, has exclusive access to the continent’s largest retail audience, and uses rich shopper data and advanced analytics to create the continent’s first precision retail media service. We’re currently building a cutting edge, collaborative, passionate team and seek the best talent out there to join us in shaping our new culture and delivery ambitions!
This new and pioneering division within Shoprite is looking to appoint a Sales Support Administrator.
The purpose of the Sales Support Administrator role is to support the Media Agency to achieve its sales and growth targets through the efficient execution of sales operational and administrative functions. The role assumes responsibility for campaign administration, collecting purchase orders and verifying customer information, relaying order instructions and completing monthly sales reports. The role requires a meticulous and adaptable individual who understands sales performance metrics and is able to provide excellent administrative support to ensure sales targets are met.
- Provide administrative support to the sales department in the execution of all sales and operational priorities and plans.
- Support the sales department by ensuring campaigns are booked and captured on the booking tool and tracking overall campaign activities and objectives.
- Receive and process purchase orders ensuring compliance with all standards and approvals.
- Raise and issue sales transaction invoices ensuring compliance with all standards and approvals.
- Verify orders, including customers' personal information and payment details.
- Contact customers by phone or email to answer queries and obtain required information.
- Maintain and update sales and customer records, ensuring all records are accurate and complete.
- `Build and compile monthly sales reports, providing actionable insights on growth opportunities.
- Expedite orders through internal liaison and ensure on time delivery.
- Direct feedback from customers to relevant departments and follow up on actions taken.
Qualifications and experience
- Grade 12 certificate - (essential).
- Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Sales or related - (desired).
- +2 years’ experience as sales administrator or sales support agent with strong knowledge and exposure to sales administrative functions and processes – (essential).
- Exposure to an ecommerce, media agency or campaign management environment – (desired).
- Strong knowledge and experience in generating purchase orders, invoices and reports and working with data from different systems – (essential).
- Knowledge of collaboration tools and process-based workflows – (essential).
- Knowledge and exposure to administrative record keeping – (essential)
- Exposure to an omnichannel media booking tool will be an advantage - (highly desired)
- Experience working with Keynote and PowerPoint – (desired)
Key competencies and work ethic
- Customer orientated - Committed to providing a high-quality customer service. Ensures customer needs are understood, problems timeously resolved, and expectations met.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with well-developed spoken and written fluency in English along with the ability to convey information and data clearly, accurately and succinctly.
- Team player and collaborative partner – Builds meaningful and sound relationships both internally and externally. Manages client expectations well.
- Stays up to date with media trends and insights.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple demands while organising, prioritising and reordering workload in a rapidly changing and fast-moving environment.
- Results and quality focused, setting stretch goals for self and others, while remaining focused and working tenaciously toward meeting and exceeding expectations within quality standards.