Powered by Africa’s largest retailer, Rainmaker Media is positioned to reach over 80% of SA’s shoppers directly through its digital and physical media channels. We have exclusive access to the continent’s largest retail audience and are using rich shopper data and advanced analytics to create the continent’s first precision retail media service. We’re currently building a cutting edge, collaborative, passionate team and seeking the best talent there is to join us in shaping our new culture and delivery ambitions!
The purpose of the Digital Campaign Manager (Media Buyer) is to maximise ad delivery efficiency and effectiveness through the successful execution of digital campaigns and all related operations. The role uses data and technology to develop and fulfil digital campaigns, ensuring creative and engaging messaging and appropriate delivery channels and reporting.
- Manage, Run, Optimise and report on paid media to the internal and external stakeholders.
- Platform experience required:
- SEM (Google, Microsoft and Apple Search)
- Display & Video 360
- Video (YouTube)
- Social Media (Meta, Twitter and TikTok)
- Managing paid advertising budgets optimally to achieve business KPI’s
- Assist account management team with paid media requirements, reporting and analysis
- Run test and learn experiments to keep up to date with trends
- Manage and ensure data, technology, and strategy work together to maximise ad delivery efficiency and effectiveness.
- Effectively manage own portfolio of work while collaborating with creative, strategy and technology teams and vendors to implement and create integrated ad campaigns.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the delivery of digital campaign plans.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing, Advertising, Media or related.
- +3 years’ experience in a digital campaign management role in an ad ops environment, with a proven track record of delivering multiple and large campaigns across digital touchpoints and channels, using analytics to inform and scale successful marketing campaigns – (essential).
- Skilled and proficient in tools: (Google Ads, DV360, Meta) – (essential).
- Broad knowledge of the media and marketing ecosystem - (essential).
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of the media landscape within the broader retail industry.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office.
Key competencies and work ethic
- Passion for digital marketing with subject matter expertise in marketing principles and practices.
- Excellent team-working: contributes towards building a positive team morale.
- Excellent communication, presentation and story-telling skills articulates ideas and concepts in a creative and meaningful way.
- Commercial acumen and business understanding of the broader retail industry.
- Dynamic personality and the ability to think outside the box.
- Proactive with initiative to drive new ideas and content.
- Excellent facilitation skills: organised with strong time, delivery and planning management.
- Interpersonal skills: builds strong relationships and manages conflict and competing priorities well.
- Flexible thinker with the ability to make sound independent decisions.
- Project management skills with the ability to balance multiple projects and priorities in a large scale, complex environment.
- Ability to work under pressure: to organise, prioritise, and reorder workload in a rapidly changing and fast-moving environment.
- Results-oriented and focused.
- Self-starter and generator with the skill and discipline to work independently and across multi-functional quality teams.